First off, here is my before and after. I never took a picture of me when I was at 430 lbs. Something I am SURE I will live to regret. BUT, I have one of me at 419 lbs. and I suppose that a 40 lbs. comparison will just have to do today!
Now, I prefer a before and after picture to be taken in the same place, same basic pose, etc. But I don't have that luxury here, so I will have to survive (and yes, I posed for my after using Hollywood red carpet techniques...one leg behind, hands on waist, fingers turned foward!!!). I'm not sure if I see a big difference here, but I definitely see SOME difference and it's awesome to know I'm making progress.
So, what are some other things that have changed with 50 lbs. gone:
- Endurance. When I am doing something physical, I am certainly not tiring out as fast as I did at 430 lbs. I'm not saying that I could go out an run a marathon, but I can hike for 3 hours, and I can walk on the treadmill for 45 minutes or longer without wanting to die. I call that progress, for sure.
- This sounds weird, but shaving is SO much easier with 50 lbs. gone. Under my arms I don't have so many bulges to maneuver around and when I bend over to shave my legs I don't feel like the blood circulation has been cut off and I'm going to pass out. TMI? Maybe, but it's true!
- I have a pair of jeans that at 430 lbs. there was NO prayer of wearing and surviving the day. Now, at 378.8 lbs. I can wear those things AND they are VERY VERY baggy.
- I no longer eat until I feel like I am going to burst. Before I would honestly binge until I would make myself feel sick and lethargic for the rest of the day/night! There were even times I vomitted because I had eaten too much (it makes me sad to share that, it really does...**sigh**). The amount of food I now consume leaves me feeling HAPPILY satisfied...and honestly, the amount of food it takes to make me feel REALLY full is so much less than when I was at 430 lbs. it is shocking!
- I haven't eaten at a fast food restaurant, except Subway, in 3 months...and man, let me tell you, real food tastes SO good now. Gone are the cravings to eat at McDonald's, Carl's Jr., Taco Time...in fact, just typing that makes my stomach turn a little knowing there was a time in the not too distant past when I could eat fast food meals 3 x's a day, multiple days during the week!
- My skin loves me! I'm sure it is due to all the water I am drinking...but, yeah, my skin is REALLY behaving itself, and man do I love that!
- I can buckle the seat belt in my husband's car without it choking me and leaving me immobilized. In fact, I can move around quite nicely now! I even agreed to drive his car the other day and let him take mine! Something I would have NEVER agreed to at 430 lbs.
- I got on our trampoline the other day...yes, yes, I'm still over the recommended weight limit, but hell, I thought I'd try anyway. I got on, stood up, bounced about, played with my girls! YOU GUYS, I haven't been on a trampoline in so many years!! Now, I wasn't out there doing flips or herkees, but hey, it is progress, right!
- I now REALLY want to get healthy, and it actually feels possible! That is probably the biggest difference! Feeling like this could truly happen...that I COULD reach my goal weight. Making choices that allow me to get closer and closer to that goal seem FAR easier than they did at 430 lbs. Honestly, at 430 lbs. I just didn't feel like there was any chance I could ever do it. I'd failed so often, and it didn't even feel worth it to try.
- I'm loving life more and more. Now, don't get me wrong...I wasn't one of those stereotyped obese people laying in a bed waiting for Richard Simmons to pop through the door and extricate me with a whale crane...no, I lived life - I cooked (sometimes), cleaned, worked, went out with friends, mowed my lawn, weeded my yard, spent quality time with my family...I was happy in general...but it all felt SO DAMN HARD. Now, I'm not saying that those things are easy breezy today, but it is much easier to have a good attitude and do what needs to be done...and it feels so much less difficult than it did 50 lbs. ago!
There are some other changes that I could elaborate on, but really, they do fall into the realm of privacy and TMI...all I will say is that my husband and I are really enjoying our slimmer bodies and are smiling a whole lot more these days!!! Read into that whatever you want!
When I think about all of these changes that have happened in just 3 months, I wonder WHY I ever waited. I wonder WHY I ever lost and regained! But most of all, I think...HOLY HELL! What will I feel like in 3 more months!!! I can't wait to find out!
50 down, 215 lbs. to go! So here's to the next 3 months and another 50 lbs.!
Oh yeah baby, on my way!