These last two weeks have been filled with a lot of ups and downs where my nutrition is concerned:
- A full blown binge
- Several days WAY above my calorie range
- LOTS of eating out
- Inconsistent vacation eating
- No groceries in the house
- Movie popcorn mania
- FINALLY four days back on track
You know what, even though it has been rough, I don't feel bad about it. I am finally starting to realize that this is a learning process, and with any learning process, there are going to be times when you struggle. BUT, if you keep trying to move forward, keep trying to learn the concept, eventually you get it.
Coming into the summer months has been hard for me - and frankly, it has been the downfall of my previous attempts to shed the weight on MANY different occasions. The change of season brings a whole host of different activities and a greater desire to feel wild and carefree, and that means that the routine has to be adjusted to accommodate. I haven't ever made the adjustments in the past - I just kept trying to do the same old thing and eventually that just led to failure. But this time I am determined to make the changes and make it through AND accept that some bumpy road is part of the journey and NOT the end of the world.
SO, with all that said, here are my weigh in results:
369.00 lbs. That is a gain of 1.4 lbs. from the last time I weighed in, but honestly, I feel good about it. I feel good that I am still in the 360's...it doesn't feel like I lost too much ground and I don't feel demotivated by that number!
This next week my focus is going to be:
- Consistently eating on my routine / schedule - when I eat on a schedule, I do so much better. I never get to a crazy, hungry, ravenous state. I also feel really satisfied and in control.
- Increase daily consumption of fruits and veggies - VOLUMETRICS! I need to fill up on these types of foods, which keep me satisfied, but don't eat up a lot of calories.
- Staying within my calorie range
- Getting my full daily water intake
- At least 3 days of exercise - 30 minutes minimum
- No eating out
I feel really good coming into this next week, and I know that I am going to have a successful week - no matter what that scale says next Saturday.
This weekend Chris and I are empty nesters! The girls have gone to Colorado to stay with their Grandma and Grandpa, so it is just the two of us! We plan to:
- Cuddling - WHEREVER WE WANT TO!
- Listening to our music REALLY loud, since there are no kids to complain about it
- CHURCH - we haven't been to church in a while and I just feel spiritually starved!
- HIKE - Chris wants to hike to Mirror Lake tomorrow for Father's Day.
Hoping you all have a fantastic weekend!
P.S. - I just realized that I have 1 month and 4 days until my birthday - and my goal is to be at 350 lbs. by my birthday. Honestly, how awesome would it be if I could score 349 lbs. by my birthday!! THAT is my goal. 349 lbs! That is 20 lbs from now!! I don't know if I can do it, I am usually around 12 - 16 lbs. a month. I'm still going for it!