Wednesday, May 2, 2012

FIVE GLORIOUS DAYS OF SUCCESS!

I have been back on the wagon for five days.

FIVE GLORIOUS DAYS!

No, this week has not been perfect...but I am learning that perfection is overrated where this journey is concerned.

OVERRATED!

And you know what, instead of searching for perfection, I am now searching for success.  I have come to believe that focusing on my success, rather than those inevitable failures that most certainly will occur along the way, is absolutely critical if I am going to make it to the finish line - to see the end of this journey.

This week has been focused on learning to use my new tracking program, making good food choices, and staying within my calorie target.  So far, so good.

Although I am not proficient at navigating through SparkPeople just yet, I very much like the program.  Not only can I see calories (which I believe is critical for my long term success), but I can also see the ranges I need to stay within for fat, sodium, carbs, etc.  It is a pretty good program.  As I learn to use the rest of the features, particularly the community features, I really think I will love it.

SUCCESS!!!

I have been making decent food choices this week. Yes, I have been doing my fair share of eating out, which is a problem long term because, really, there is no substitute for fresh, homemade food.  BUT, I have made the best choices possible under these circumstances AND I have stayed well within my calorie targets.  And you know what, I feel good about that!

SUCCESS!!

I am starting to realize that "if I build it" the rest will come...as long as I give it time.  I have to be patient with myself.  And I'm trying to do just that.

SUCCESS!!


Fitness has not been a focus for me this week...mainly because until today I was not really able to walk without immense pain (see post about hauling girth hundreds of feet in elevation up a mountain on Saturday).  Going up and down stairs...fuggetaboutit!  But today my mobility is returning AND I am starting to think about activity - going swimming, getting on the treadmill, and how soon I can get back on that mountain and conquer the 'Y'!.  I to want to feel my body move and sweat and burn.

SUCCESS!!


My mind is starting to once again focus on being healthy, on running and jumping and skipping and playing!  On all those things that made me want to make this journey in the first place.  Mentally, physically and spiritually a sense of calm is returning, and frankly I feel at peace.

SUCCESS!!

FIVE GLORIOUS DAYS OF SUCCESS!!

What a difference five days makes!








14 comments:

  1. You have been doing a terrific job! Taking the time to reflect on your journey in that post of yours a few days ago and then walking up that mountain and going so much higher than you thought you could go have been great for you. I'm so happy to see you celebrate your successes and use it as motivation to keep carrying on. And get this ... it just keeps getting better :) Awesome! So proud of you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!!!  Just what I needed to hear!!!  I'm going to focus on Success tomorrow too.  I was just telling my sisters that I've lost my mojo!  I'm down almost 60 pounds and only have 10 pounds to go and was feeling like i didn't care to finish the last bit...but I'm re-commiting to my WW and my exercise DVDs :) :) 

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome Connie.  You just need to focus on one day at a time.  Without even thinking of the scale, you have made positive changes that are going to stay with you and help make your journey a success!  Excellent job:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is AWESOME!!! I look forward to your weigh in on Friday! : ) I just keep seeing the scale creep up even though I had been exercising and eating less. Its very discouraging, but I'm not about to give up! Thanks for giving me some more inspiration today! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just came across your blog, and I Love Love Love it! So glad I found it! Keep up the great work! I'm on a weight loss journey too, and I know how hard it is! Started at 379 and hit my 100 lb mark today. YOU CAN DO IT! I'm rootin' for you! It takes time and discipline, but you will eventually MASTER it! Keep going, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you found me! HUGE congratulations on reaching your 100 lbs. mark!  I can't WAIT until I get there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Ayesha!  Trying to conquer the literal mountain, is helping me conquer the figurative mountain!!  I can't wait to get back on that trail and make it to the top!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing so awesome!  Kick that last 10 lbs. in the butt!  You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Leigh!  I am such an impatient person!  It is so hard for me to take it day by day AND to see the small wins along the way!  I am having to force myself right now - I can't make myself miserable for 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never really look forward to weighing in - but, it is a necessary evil!  I know how hard it is not to let the numbers get to you!  Hang in there!  You have been doing so awesome with your activity and fitness!  Honestly, you are inspiring me!  Read your post today about CRIM.  Sounds so fun!  I can't wait to hear about your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your doing so great!!! Your such a inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - keep up the great work!!

    Stay focused!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How did I miss this post all week??  I guess when I bookmarked your page it was defaulting to April :)  I have no idea how to navigate my computer. ha ha   I loved reading this post from you!  I am glad that your leg is starting feel better, and a great big YOU GO GIRL!!!!  on staying withing your target calories. 

    ReplyDelete

WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND! DON'T BE SHY! I LOVE COMMENTS!