I have discovered a few things in these 6 days...
- Working out after a full day at the office is hard. Really hard. I feel far more worn out and I am not able to push my body as hard as I can on a weekend.
- Swimming after a good workout on the treadmill is divine. The treadmill is like my punishment, the swimming my reward. I love it!
- Proactively taking Ibuprofen before bed ensures that my aches and pains are not too bad the next morning...it is very worth it!
- Eating right before a working out is a VERY bad idea. VERY BAD. I did that tonight, and long story short, I felt bad for anyone working out around me. I will let you use your imagination about what that means.
- Even though I am dedicating about an hour a day to workouts, sometimes more, I feel like I have far more time each day. It is weird.
- In 6 days I can earn 51activity points on Weight Watchers. That is a FULL DAY of points earned. WOW! I was floored when I saw that tonight.
- Having a good friend with me while I am working out makes such a difference - the time passes faster and I feel more motivated to go.
- I FREEZE after working out. I mean, seriously freeze. It's like my body just doesn't know how to handle it. I shiver and shake and huddle under big, winter blankets trying to warm up.
- My favorite workout is when my whole family goes with me. I love to have them all there...I love having family activities revolve around healthy activities versus activities where we sit on our butts and feed our faces.
It's amazing that only 1 week ago tonight I was thinking "working out isn't really for me". Tonight I am thinking "I could make a lifetime commitment to this. I really could!"
These last six days have been fantastic, outstanding, stupendous...but tomorrow...tomorrow I rest.
I've earned it!