I got up and went about my morning routine and then I jumped on the scale. I was thrilled to see a 9 lbs. loss - and I felt like I had earned that dip in the scale. Was I disappointed to see the same number I was seeing a year ago at this time...of course....but, I am committed not to focus on self defeating behaviors like that. They serve no purpose and I decided to give myself credit for a great first week back on track.
So, to sum it up....
- I tracked every single day and stayed within my calorie range
- I drank my water every single day, and then some
- I got in 3 workouts - each day was around 60 minutes. My goal was to get in 5 workouts, so I fell a bit short of my goal of 5 workouts, but you know what, I am OK. It was progress, and this week I will do better!
- And that all added up to a 9 lbs. loss.
All in all I think it was a very good week.
Some of the things I felt like I discovered, or that helped me get through the week were:
- Avocado - DELICIOUS little fruit! I am going to be incorporating this into more meals!
- Skinnytaste.com - I have been aware of the site for a long time, but last week it really helped me generate ideas for great recipes that satisfy me AND my family.
- JD4 - I think I have said enough on this topic. Great workout. I will most definitly continue to incorporate it. It allows me to workout AND have blast with my kids at the same time.
- McDonald's Vanilla Cone - this is the perfect treat for me and again keeps me from going off the deep end into a pint of Ben & Jerry's. It is low enough in calories that I can usually fit it into my day. I love it!
- Eating Out - This is an area where I still need to tread carefully. As a working mom it is hard to plan and execute 3 meals every single day and the reality is, eating out comes into play. I am working to limit the number of eat outs for my sake, my husband's sake, my kids' sake, my wallet's sake...but, it is going to happen from time to time. I am learning that if I make a plan and stick to it, I can still have a healthy meal. My goal is to get eating out down to no more than once a week, but right now I am still working on that.
- Speaking of eating at home, did I mention that we had homemade meals all but 1 night last week!!! Seriously, that is a huge step forward!!! I also took my lunch 3 out of 5 days to work and made lunch at home 1 of 2 weekend days. HUGE progress. I realize for some this is a lot of eating out, but again, it is all relative to what has been happening - and what was happening before was a whole lot more eating out than this. I am pleased with the progress in this area this week.
So, coming into week 2, what are my goals?
- Continue tracking faithfully every day
- Stay within my calorie range without fail
- Get in at least 4 30 minute workouts this week, with an ultimate goal of 5.
- Only 1 eat out at lunch at at dinner. No breakfast eat outs.
- Try 1 new light recipe - that will hopefully knock my socks off!
Week 2 - still motivated and moving forward. THANK GOODNESS!