Monday, February 4, 2013

FIRST WEEK RESULTS

Saturday was my weigh in day.  I admit, I was excited to see if I had made progress, but at the same time I felt apprehensive because I knew the weight I would see would feel disappointing no matter what because I have put so much back on over the last few months.

I got up and went about my morning routine and then I jumped on the scale.  I was thrilled to see a 9 lbs. loss - and I felt like I had earned that dip in the scale.  Was I disappointed to see the same number I was seeing a year ago at this time...of course....but, I am committed not to focus on self defeating behaviors like that.  They serve no purpose and I decided to give myself credit for a great first week back on track.

So, to sum it up....

  • I tracked every single day and stayed within my calorie range
  • I drank my water every single day, and then some
  • I got in 3 workouts - each day was around 60 minutes.  My goal was to get in 5 workouts, so I fell a bit short of my goal of 5 workouts, but you know what, I am OK.  It was progress, and this week I will do better!
  • And that all added up to a 9 lbs. loss.


All in all I think it was a very good week.

Some of the things I felt like I discovered, or that helped me get through the week were:

  • Avocado - DELICIOUS little fruit!  I am going to be incorporating this into more meals!
  • Skinnytaste.com - I have been aware of the site for a long time, but last week it really helped me generate ideas for great recipes that satisfy me AND my family.
  • JD4 - I think I have said enough on this topic.  Great workout.  I will most definitly continue to incorporate it.   It allows me to workout AND have blast with my kids at the same time.
  • McDonald's Vanilla Cone - this is the perfect treat for me and again keeps me from going off the deep end into a pint of Ben & Jerry's.  It is low enough in calories that I can usually fit it into my day.  I love it!
  • Eating Out - This is an area where I still need to tread carefully.  As a working mom it is hard to plan and execute 3 meals every single day and the reality is, eating out comes into play.  I am working to limit the number of eat outs for my sake, my husband's sake, my kids' sake, my wallet's sake...but, it is going to happen from time to time.  I am learning that if I make a plan and stick to it, I can still have a healthy meal.  My goal is to get eating out down to no more than once a week, but right now I am still working on that.
  • Speaking of eating at home, did I mention that we had homemade meals all but 1 night last week!!! Seriously, that is a huge step forward!!!  I also took my lunch 3 out of 5 days to work and made lunch at home 1 of 2 weekend days.  HUGE progress.  I realize for some this is a lot of eating out, but again, it is all relative to what has been happening - and what was happening before was a whole lot more eating out than this.  I am  pleased with the progress in this area this week.


So, coming into week 2, what are my goals?

  • Continue tracking faithfully every day
  • Stay within my calorie range without fail
  • Get in at least 4 30 minute workouts this week, with an ultimate goal of 5. 
  • Only 1 eat out at lunch at at dinner.  No breakfast eat outs.
  • Try 1 new light recipe - that will hopefully knock my socks off!


Week 2 - still motivated and moving forward.  THANK GOODNESS!


No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND! DON'T BE SHY! I LOVE COMMENTS!