Monday, March 11, 2013

SO. NOT. WORTH. IT!!!

I am so frustrated right now...SO FRUSTRATED!

Tonight for dinner we planned to have Indian food at home - it wasn't restaurant food, it was all store bought stuff - a lot of Trader Joe's, etc.

EVERYTHING we ate was some type of a carb.  No veggies.   Carbs, Carbs, Carbs, Carbs.  As I sit there and ate I worried about the calories - but, I went into dinner with a lot of calories left for the day, so I thought it would be OK.

Lesson 1 - don't put anything on your plate unless you understand the calories

Lesson 2 - carbs are filled with calories and it is no wonder that low carb diets work.

When all was said and done I logged a whopping 1022 calories for a hack rate, crappy, knock off Indian food meal.

Now I feel sick to my stomach, and angry for not being more careful, and angry I would throw so many calories away on crap like that.

I went over my calories for the day by 56 - so, so, so unhappy about it.

I feel so disgusted right now.  In 6 weeks I haven't felt this crappy or this disappointed.  I feel like I let myself down and I am mad.  I am also just thinking "Hey, your big milestone is in sight...so, sure....do everything possible to sabotage it Connie!".

This just sucks.

AND, bottom line....

It was so not worth it.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Connie! The biggest problem with carbs is that they cause cravings. If you make a little commitment to yourself each morning to avoid the carbs (and then start your day without any carbs), you'll end up *not* needing a huge dose of willpower later in your day because the cravings won't be there.<<That is the big secret of eating much less. :D

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marion, I will say that I have been OK on cravings, but at the same time, I don't typically eat a ton of carbs. However, I am taking your advice and the last couple of days have been watching the carbs even more!! We will see how it all goes this Saturday!

      Delete
  2. UGH I have done that before! I hate that feeling! I try to add calories before I eat or during because I have made the mistake of doing it afterwards and regretting it big time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT! So irritating! You know, lesson learned...move forward. I was clearly hormonal when I wrote the post above. Truly felt like the world was ending!

      Delete

WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND! DON'T BE SHY! I LOVE COMMENTS!