Friday, February 24, 2012

$129.99

Apparently $129.99 is the going rate for a pain free workout...WORTH. EVERY. PENNY!

Last night, at the recommendation of a great friend, I went to the New Balance store to get properly fitted for a new running shoe.  

Let me tell you, I was like a PTSD sufferer while trying on shoes.  I was terrified they were going to cause me the kind of pain that I had on Wednesday when I was walking.  I cringed with every step I took, waiting for the pain to start...but it never did.  So, I wrapped up New Balance 1140's, paid my $129.99 and headed home.

Today I took the 1140's out for an inaugural walk during my lunch break.  Again, I was pretty tenuous when I started out, worried the pain would come, but boy, these shoes are like MAGIC.  My left foot still felt a bit sore while I was walking, but I suppose that is to be expected after the beating it took on Wednesday.  I ended up walking .66 miles and got a nice little workout that energized me for the rest of my work day.  It felt great.


Thanks Cindy for joining me on my "inaugural" walk  

When I got home from work I was actually excited to take the 1140's out for another walk!  While the Hubs cooked dinner (yes, ladies, I am blessed) I headed out.

It was AMAZING!  There is no other way to say it.

I literally had the best walk I have had in 2 years!!  I achieved a new record pace for myself, walked further than I have walked all week and overall just felt FANTASTIC!
THANK YOU RED HEADED GUY AT THE NEW BALANCE STORE IN MIDVALE, UT.  
YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!

I know you are all just DYING to see a picture of the 1140's...brace yourselves, they are POWERFUL!  All $129.99 of them!  Here they are...



See, I warned you...POWERFUL!!!

The BEST part of the night...when I got home the Hubs had dinner ready to go.  It was delicious...Taco Salads with fresh baked tortilla strips.  The tortilla strips were the perfect addition, and so low in calories!! GREAT IDEA!  I had to take a picture of the final product in all it's perfection...again, prepare for the power!


It has been a great day!  I am feeling so good it isn't even funny!

Tomorrow is weigh in (just typing that caused a knot in my stomach). 

Stay tuned!!!!









4 comments:

  1. The right shoes are worth any amount of money! So glad you are pain free! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! : ) I'm glad you had such a great day! Here's hoping it rubs off on me. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoes make all the difference.  I just bought my first pair of running Nikes because I'm starting a learn to run clinic in two weeks.  Feels like I'm running on clouds.  Great job with the shoes and the activity.  Keep it up and good luck on the weigh-in:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely agree about the shoes - I got some new ones about 6 months ago, so much better.

    The taco salad looks delish - I'm making another recipe request, if you could please?

    ReplyDelete

WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND! DON'T BE SHY! I LOVE COMMENTS!