Wednesday, February 22, 2012

NO PAIN NO GAIN

Even though I had a miserable workout experience last night, I decided to go again tonight.  This time I made a few adjustments:

1) I wore a long sleeved shirt
2) I gave myself permission NOT to run AT ALL tonight
3) I wore different shoes (this turned out to be a mistake)
4) I allowed myself to stop a couple of times - I kept moving (kind of marched in place), but it gave me just enough of a break that I was able to push forward

The first two-thirds of my walk went VERY well.  I felt really good.  I had great music playing and was feeling good.

BUT THEN IT HIT.

Absolute pain.  My feet were burning - absolute, searing pain.  Every step was more painful.  At one point I was ready to call the Hubs to come and pick me up.  But DAMN if I was going to let it get the better of me.  I slowed down and pressed on.  The last 12 minutes of my walk were absolute hell, but I made it.

AND...

Tonight I feel so much better (as long as I ignore the burning pain in my feet).  I am not coughing, I am not hacking...my lungs are not burning...I feel like I could do it again, as long as I get shoes that do not hobble me.

Here are my results from tonight:

I was slower, but I went further AND I didn't feel like I was going to die (except for the feet).

So, before I go walking again I will definitely need to buy new shoes.  I am going to burn my current shoes - and I'm going to enjoy doing it!

On another note, I had some GREAT music keeping me going tonight:

Fighter - Ms. Aguilera
Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners
Lose Yourself - Eminem (This song just absolutely pushes me on)
Sexyback - Mr. Timberlake (I was dance walking to this song - yes, there were jazz hands involved)

I find that great music, that speaks to my soul (does that sound too dramatic?? Oh well!) makes ALL the difference.

So, what are YOUR favorite "Sweatin' Songs"??  (I need to beef up my playlist).





6 comments:

  1. Ok, I read it and I'm impressed that you went again tonight after the bad experience yesterday.  Proud of you for not giving up when it gets hard.  It inspires me to keep pushing through my project, even when I want to throw the computer at the wall and run away.  In the meantime, lets celebrate every little victory and the people who love us in spite of our imperfections!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You reading my blog tonight is my reward for a tough workout! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a whole playlist from when I use to go to the gym...but off the top of my head...Foo Fighters can't remember the name of the song  (There goes my hero) . I could send you my list if you want there's all different stuff on there from Green Day to Tom Petty. If you give me an e-mail address I can send you the list to look through. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie, I just found your blog. I am soooo impressed!! You are amazing and I think you are fabulous. I am going to follow your journey. Thanks for the open invitation to come along:)
    Judi Bell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judi, I am SO excited to hear from you!! And even more excited to have you following along on my journey. As stupid as this may sound, having people support me (even if it is through a blog) and follow what I am trying to do is so MOTIVATING! It means a lot to me. So, HOW ARE YOU!!???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so proud of what you're doing!  This is going to work.  Also, I like Poison by Bel Biv Devoe--oldie but goodie.

    ReplyDelete

WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND! DON'T BE SHY! I LOVE COMMENTS!