Friday, February 10, 2012

LOVE

Tonight I had planned a post about the importance of food in our social interactions...it's a topic that I will definitely write about.  But tonight - tonight I cannot help but write about something totally different.  Something not related to my weight loss journey.  Something far deeper and far more important.  Forgive me while I digress....

15 years ago I met the man of my dreams.  I always joke with my kids about how we met..."It was a cold, winter evening in the basque country of Spain - I saw him through the steam of the train I had just gotten off of"...the funny thing is, its true - that's how it happened.  It wasn't love at first site - it took a month for me to know that he was something special - 3 to know that without a doubt I would marry him.

When I say that heaven & earth moved so that we could be together, it is no lie.  Our paths in life were so completely different that to believe anything besides the hand of God was what brought us together would be ridiculous, and insulting.

We were meant to be together - of that I have absolutely no doubt. 

He is what makes me whole.  He is what fills every part of my heart and my soul.  He is the one true love of my life. 

Honestly, I have no idea how I got so lucky.  NO. IDEA.   All I know is that I love him more than I can even say - it actually hurts me HURTS ME to let that emotion completely flow through me - it is so powerful and so strong.

I love him.  I love him.  I love him.

1 comment:

  1. You are truly lucky to have that kind of love in your life:)  I feel the same about my husband and count my blessings every day!

    ReplyDelete

WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND! DON'T BE SHY! I LOVE COMMENTS!